Many of us Americans look forward to celebrating the 4th of July. It is the United State's recognized independence day and is a great time to get together with family and friends. Many of the cherished activities surrounding July 4th include BBQs, games, fun, and fireworks.
During the July 4th weekend, there is typically an increase in vehicles on the road and a larger amount of people out having a good time, which is why it is important to remember a couple of ways in which you can keep you and your family safe during the holiday weekend.
While celebrating July 4th this weekend, please keep in mind the following safety tips:
- Be sure that your vehicle is in good condition if you're planning on traveling far. Here at Honest Wrenches, we can provide a vehicle inspection before your long trip to verify that your vehicle can handle the drive. If not, we help you take care of your vehicle's needs before you hit the road.
- It is always important to drive safely on July 4th. With the increase of alcohol consumption on this holiday, be sure to have a safe ride to and from your destination planned out. Please don't drink and drive, or allow an intoxicated person to drive you. Have a designated driver set up or get a ride from a rideshare app or taxi. If you can't find a way to drive without drinking, celebrate at home or a place nearby where you can safely walk to your destination.
- Did you know that July 4th is one of the most dangerous days in the United States to drive? It's true, so it is vital to stay alert and aware of your surroundings and other cars on the road. There will be additional traffic and parking may be difficult to find. Know your destination and practice defensive driving along the way.
- Only certain fireworks are legal in certain places to light yourself. If you have legal fireworks to light, be safe. Don't light them around other people, other homes, or flammable items. Also be sure that kids are watched and handle sparklers safely. Only light them is safe places and use caution around fire.
- The 4th of July falls on a hot summer day, so be sure to remember summer safety. Stay hydrated at all times and bring extra water with you wherever you go. If you're planning on grilling, remember grilling and fire safety. Don't let small children around hot grills and take caution when lighting any fires.
- Protect yourself from the sun! If you'll be outside all day, be sure to use sun protection on your skin and wear appropriate clothing, hats, and sunglasses.
We hope that these safety tips will allow you to have an amazing July 4th holiday. We wish you the best, and Happy Independence Day from everyone here at Honest Wrenches!