It is a common misconception that once a vehicle goes beyond 100,000 miles, they're no longer drivable. Unfortunately, that is not the case. With proper care and maintenance throughout your vehicle's life, most cars last well over 100K miles and remain reliable for years following the milestone.
Top tips on how to make your high mileage car last -
- Using high-quality products and parts - Whenever you bring your car to the professionals at Honest Wrenches, you can expect our services to be done with high-quality parts and products to make your vehicle last. You shouldn't settle for recycled parts if you want to extend the lifespan of your car.
- Proper fluid maintenance - Your vehicle runs on various fluids, including motor oil, transmission fluid, power steering fluid, brake fluid, and more. Ensuring you have clean fluid flowing through your car's systems with fluid flushes and filter changes will benefit you in the long run.
- Wash your car regularly - Not only will cleaning your vehicle uphold its value over time, but it can prevent rust from forming.
- Practice defensive driving - Reckless driving can put you and your car in harm's way. For instance, frequent harsh braking and accelerating can overwork your brakes, tires, and engine.
- Follow your factory maintenance schedule - Bring your car to Honest Wrenches so we can help you stay on top of your car's 30/60/90 and beyond plan. We can remind you of your upcoming services so that your vehicle can last you for many more years to come.
The key to preserving an older car is by having inspections and sticking to your maintenance. We welcome you to Honest Wrenches if you need a fluid change/flush, new spark plugs, a timing belt replacement, or more